July 13, 2005
Power *90 Sucks
I can't keep quiet about this any longer. I really didn't want to jinx myself or look bad when I failed and didn't keep it up. But I am NOT going to fail. I am going to succeed. Once and for all. For the rest of my life.
I haven't been really open about this, but I've started working out. Seriously. No, really, I am not kidding. I've done about every other day for 3 weeks - maybe skipped a couple days when Becca was here. Granted, my neighbors have complained about all the swearing coming from our apartment each evening, but I am noticing a difference in some of my clothes, but I am not able to tell when I am naked. Which is disgusting, since I hate to see myself naked.

But the good news is this: tonight, as soon as A came home from work, I was raring to go - I find it so hard to fall asleep at night, since we are working out after we put the kids to bed. So, I thought, since we had a late lunch we could put off dinner for a bit and work out first. Yippee! I think A was about to fall over that I had the dvd in and ready to go - I've been dragging my feet each workout night, but he persists and I get off my fat a$$ and do it. But tonight? Nope, it was ALL me. And I kicked and punched and power yoga-d and oh, let's not forget the freakin killer ab workout and I sweated and I hated almost every minute of the dang 40 minutes.
But something happened in the middle: I felt the pull of abdominal muscles. Really. There are really muscles in my abdomen. And I felt them. Not from the outside (cuz they are well hidden), but from the inside, I could feel them tensing as I was doing some of the kicks. And I thought - hey! I don't know that I can even REMEMBER the last time I felt the tug of muscles in that region.
And wow. I think it is true what they say: It takes at least 3 weeks to get into it. Because in the shower afterwards (while dinner was cooking), I said to A that I could become addicted to this working out stuff. Because it is pretty exciting to feel myself getting stronger and to feel more energetic and to actually feel like I am getting somewhere. I have figured out the secret: There is no secret!!! Diet and exercise. Wow, I've been trying the diet thing for years with little to no success - but throw in the exercise and I am already feeling my pants looser and I can't wait to have AFTER photos.

I'm on my way, folks. I don't know what a realistic goal is for my birthday, but I'm already getting there - because even though I don't imagine I'll see that great of an improvement by the end of September, I KNOW I'll be feeling so much better. And what a way to start my 30s!!!

And that, my friends, is really the point. But it will rock to have a new sexy body to go along with all the energy and strength. :)
So, stay tuned, I am on a mission. And well, there is nothing that is going to stop me - I have to get healthier for my kids, my husband, my family and most importantly - for myself. Because I deserve to feel as good about how I look and physically feel as I do about what kind of person I am.
And well, I'm the only one who can change that.
(Life update below)
Posts written by humble servant
3 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger