June 28, 2005
Odds and Ends
Well, as I told you last week, I was out of town taking care of my friend and her family after she had a major surgery. Her youngest, G, was a sweetheart most of the time he was alone with us. I am sure it was weird for him to be at his grandparents' house with us (they are on vacation) and not seeing his mom and only seeing his dad for a couple hours in the evenings. But, he was good, especially considering he is 3. So, that part was easy. Although, it's been re-confirmed that I think I am done having children. I just don't know about having 3 full time.
.
Al was supposed to be released from the hospital on Wednesday, but because she couldn't pee enough on her own, they kept her an extra day. But she ended up coming home with a catheter anyway. Luckily, emptying the bag was something she was able to do herself, so my nursing responsibilities didn't go that far. Basically, I brought her meals in bed and kept G occupied (along with my girls). And cleaned. Three children make such more mess than 2 - and being at someone else's house, I was determined not to let the mess get out of hand. But, man, am I wiped out. :)
.
A came Friday to spend the weekend. I left him with the girls on Saturday to have lunch with my mom and cousin (and a 19 yr old friend of my mother's). Then, we spent the afternoon at the mall. It was a nice break and I just love Children's Place. I bought a couple things for Veronica on sale (I'm cheap like that). And I also bought some lotion for myself at B&B Works big sale too. It was just nice to hang out (good golly, I haven't hung out at the mall in YEARS) and spend some down time with some of my favorite people. Oh, speaking of favorite people..... We've been wanting to get together with Little A's godmother - a really good friend/family member of ours. Sadly, we've seen her only a couple times if we run into her at church - once at Christmas and once at my Pop's funeral. Anyway, I've left her some messages and even mailed her a note via USPS a few weeks ago. I just haven't heard back from her. So, as we're walking through the mall, who should pop out of a store? Yep. the godmother. And she tried to hide from me - embarrassed. lol It was nice to see her and we promised that we would get together sometime in July. Then, we spent a casual evening at A's parents' house.
.
Saturday night, we had quite a scare when I was showing Al the Hump Day Hotties Dirty Laundry style from a couple weeks ago - you remember the ones... the wet ones..... Anyway, she had sat on the floor to just have a change of scenery and was gasping and laughing so loud, but then felt a gush of blood, so we immediately called the home health nurse, who directed her to call 911. Oh, man, it got a little scary as it appeared she was having more and more bleeding. We hopped in the car and she called the OBGYN on the way to the hospital. The OBGYN had her check the bleeding (yes, as I was driving the car down a busy road) and instructed us to turn around and go home to monitor it for a couple hours before rushing to the ER. So, we did. And we set an alarm for an hour from our return so she could check the bleeding before we headed to dreamland. Luckily, after I'd drooled on my arm and the blanket, she deemed the bleeding slow enough for us to head to bed. And it turns out it was likely leftover blood from the surgery that never came out til she was upright on the floor. But, it did get tense there for about 15 minutes.
.
After church Sunday, we grabbed bagels and headed back to A's parents'. We spent some time again - they are leaving tomorrow for 35 days - and the great-grandparents came over after they were done with church (they went to a later mass than we did). Sunday afternoon, A and I left the kids with his mom while we went to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith. It was a fun and exciting movie, even if it was pretty fantastical. And well, Brad and Jolie are definitely nice to watch. Absolutely beautiful people. Unnatural, really.
.
And then, Monday morning took A to work and I tried to get things wrapped up at the house, so I could come home. The nurse came to finally take the catheter from Al; I had to strip the beds and wash all Al's clothes so she has things to wear this week; we took her to her followup with the OBGYN; I took 3 kids to the mall to play while we waited during her appt; picked her up; went to lunch and the grocery store; then back to fold laundry and pack up. She argued about me bringing G home with me, but I won and he's here now. She is in no shape to care for a 3 year old on her own all day - she tried not taking her pain meds yesterday morning (she can't even focus her eyes while she's taking it) and was in agony by 9:30 am. So, I convinced her that he is much better off with me until she's feeling a bit better. Of course, that means keeping three from killing each other in this tiny apartment, but this tiny apartment is home for now and I just needed to be here after a week away.
.
And well.... there is more to share, but I need to get these kids dressed and to the grocery store if we are going to eat anything today that resembles fresh produce. I'm thinking of meatloaf for dinner. Ah, comfort food.
.
I will try to do another little update in the next day or so, since we are leaving again Thursday for the holiday weekend.
.
Many Blessings and prayers for you and your family to enjoy the holiday weekend safely and with much fun!
Posts written by humble servant
1 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger