September 17, 2004
Finally... A Normal Day
I am so selfish these days. I feel I need to be to protect my on-again-off-again-fragile mind.

Yesterday was a pretty good day in spite of the fact that when I got home I cracked open the top of my head on a cabinet have I mentioned before that I am a total clutz? Anyway, I really did crack my head good, blood and huge lump and all. Ridiculous.

IVAN Update: We have fared rather well in our neck of the woods, even though 2 miles up the road the mighty Chattahoochee overflowed its banks and totally flooded our neighbors. Even though it took A almost 2 hours to travel the 9.05 miles from work to home last evening. Even though there are still over 200,000 people without power in the Atlanta area. We are blessed. No damage to our families, no damage to our cars or anything we own and not even one bit of inconvenience really from the terrible Ivan.

I will interject here that we have very good friends who live in Pensacola. I am concerned for them and the thought they might not have a fully intact home to return to. With no family closer than 10 hours away, I don't know what they will do in the event their home was destroyed as so many were in that area. The son (and his parents in law) of a fellow teacher lost everything material. Thank GOD his pregnant wife and 2 children came up to Atlanta to weather the storm. Thank God they all still have each other.

DROGAS & DOCS: I have left a message for the nurse at my OB office to get me more drugs. I hope not to need them, but I can't risk not having them in the event that A will be gone in just a short week. I have also had very real panicky thoughts about all our dr.s switching. Of course, they would have to because we are moving, but the girls and I will still be here for 3 months until we move. I am praying that our existing necessary docs are on the new company's plan. If not, I don't know how we will pay for little A's coming appointments in October and November. Not to mention her medicine. I am going to refill everything early to save about $50 in prescription costs (I already know the rate the new plan pays and it is less). Anyway.... These really have been the least of my worries lately... Just one more thing to stress over in my poor-little-anxiety-ridden head.

But, the good news is that I feel better. Strangely, magically, blessedly.... I am not thinking of curling up and sleeping the afternoon away. I am thinking of the million and one things I need to get done this weekend so I can enjoy my last week with my husband at home.

Oh, and now I am concentrating on raising the $1000 that is required of our family for the school. Anyone want to buy any
wrapping paper? Half of each sale goes to the school (and counts toward our $1,000). If you are interested, please let me know.

I hope everyone is safe: Shelly and her family, Cara's family, even Becca's family since I know this storm has affected all different parts of north Georgia. And man, let's pray for Cara and Jen as they are feeling the effects of Ivan today.

Until Next Time, you are awesome and I can't thank you enough for your support and encouragement in this bizarre and black week. I love you all!
Posts written by humble servant
4 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger