July 11, 2008
(Non) Adoption Update
There is not really an update. I mean, I suppose, yes there is, but it doesn't mean we are closer to adoption. Other than the fact that, every day, we are closer to things that will happen in the future.
.
That being said, we are in a new and uncharted place for us. After much prayer and discernment, we have discovered that we are not being called to adopt this baby girl. We are being called to pray for her mother and encourage her to do the very thing God wants of her. There has been no point in the past 7 weeks that I felt we were the best parents for this particular baby. Every day, every time I prayed, I am convinced that this intelligent, beautiful young mother is the very best mother for the child she carries within her right now.
.
I admit that I let my own selfishness get in the way, with my excitement at the possibility of adding to our family so soon. I know we are a wonderful and loving family and any child in need of a family would add so much to what we already have. We have a lot of love to share and another child would be such a blessing. But I have continued to have this nagging sense that this particular child doesn't need us as parents. She needs us to encourage her mother and love them and pray for them.
.
Husband and I have talked and prayed at great length over this and we feel that God is calling us to action regarding our family. So, after my surgery on Monday and my immediate recovery, we will be looking into other avenues. We wonder if God wants us to adopt a child out of the child services system. Does He want us to be available for a different baby? We don't know the answers to these questions yet, but we definitely feel that He wants us to take action.
.
In the meantime, we will encourage and support and pray for the mother and her girl who captured our hearts and attention this summer. And I ask you to pray for them too.
.
Until next time, God Bless you!
Posts written by humble servant
3 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger