July 04, 2008
Mish Mash
We're in the new house! There are still boxes in nearly every room and there are lots of things to do, like get rugs (original 90 yr. old hardwood floors!), but we are in and I turned in the keys for the other place yesterday.
.
No news on the adoption front. Except the birthmother is feeling overwhelmed and confused and wants some space for at least a couple weeks. I am not exactly sure what that means, other than the fact that this is an immense decision for any mother and she is currently struggling with knowing what is the best and right thing to do. So, we continue to pray for her to find peace and we're especially praying for her reconciliation with her husband. We feel strongly that the best case scenario for the baby would be if they reconcile and raise the child together as their own (it's not his biological child). Nonetheless, we'd be thrilled to welcome her into our family in September, if Rita thinks adoption is the way God is calling her.
.
Speaking of babies..... Becca (formerly of Vocational Trinity) had her second darling baby girl last week! I'm thrilled for my friend and hope I'll be able to make a trip to Atlanta at some point before Christmas to see them. Love you, Becca and family!!!!
.
In other news, we're really excited that my sister (in-law) and her husband have firm news that they will be moving to the Cleveland area for his job. They are currently in LA and expecting their first baby, a son, in September. We'll be able to see them much more frequently if they are within a 6 hour drive and I'm excited that they want me to be there to help when/after the baby's born.
.
I'm posting at 4:55 am on July 4th. It isn't that I just can't wait for the festivities to begin.... I have no idea why I'm up at this ridiculous hour (actually, I've been up for over an hour at this point - but got out of bed at 4:30 after trying for 60 minutes to fall back to sleep). But, I'm really excited to be heading to the airport in a few hours to pick up my mom, who decided at the last minute to come up for the weekend. It's super cool that she's coming, particularly because she'll be coming back in two weeks to help us after I have surgery.
.
So, for now, I'm out. I'm going to turn the tv on, which I haven't watched in over a week and haven't really missed - though, I'm disappointed I've lost everything off the DVR, since we moved to a different county and had to turn the box in. :( The disappointments of living in the digital age.
.
Hope you have a safe and Happy Independence Day.
.
God Bless you and God Bless the United States of America!
Posts written by humble servant
0 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger