June 09, 2008
I think I might throw up
We got an email from Rita last night. Then, right after I had read it ten times, our power went out. So I couldn't do anything but go to bed and pray.
.
I responded this morning, with most of an email that I'd composed throughout last week, hoping I'd have an opportunity to connect with her. Afraid of having the opportunity to connect with her.
.
She responded this morning with two more emails, one enclosing a picture of herself.
.
I burst into tears.
.
Sheesh, you'd think I was the one with the pregnancy hormones coursing through my veins.
.
We are going to talk on the phone this afternoon and I have no idea what I'm going to say, but I will certainly be a blathering fool and she will run screaming in the other direction and any hopes of us adopting her baby will be turned to dust and I just know she's not going to think we're the "right" family and we're not good enough and maybe she should start over..... And yes, I'm being a bit melodramatic, but part of that is because there isn't enough oxygen getting to my brain because I keep holding my breath waiting to implode from the excitement and disbelief that this may happen.
.
So, please pray. Please continue to pray for Rita. And pray for us, too, that we might go where we're supposed to and that we would know which path that is.
.
And selfishly, I pray that we might have another baby girl join our family in 3 months.
.
Wow. I'm crying again. I'll keep you posted.
.
Until next time, God Bless you.
Posts written by humble servant
4 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger