June 03, 2008
And another month gone by....
Not quite, but certainly close. Not that anyone is really reading anymore these days. I certainly don't blame you.
.
I finally did find the router (it was in a box! in the basement!) yesterday, so maybe I'll actually bring it upstairs and get the laptop running and online, which might mean more frequent posting. We'll see. There are lots of things I'd like to post about, but words seem to fail me these days.
.
I'm in chronic pain from my knee. The soonest I could have surgery is June 23, but since we are moving July 1 we've pushed the surgery to July 14. The surgeon and the physical therapist both insisted I'm getting around much better than they'd expect for such a severe knee injury - and they both rolled their eyes when I mentioned it must be the power of prayer. Because stairs will be a near impossibility directly after the surgery (I can make it up and down them now slowly and gingerly, but pretty easily otherwise), it made most sense to do the surgery after the move. It means extended time of pain, but to not have the stress of moving while trying to recover from surgery... like I said, it makes the most sense.
.
Tonight, we got a call from a most excellent friend of the family who invited herself over for a visit. This was rather unusual for her, particularly considering she wouldn't arrive til after 7:45 and she doesn't live terribly close - and she's not really one to just show up on someone's doorstep. It was a pleasant surprise and we always enjoy being with her. The girls played their piano pieces (they have a recital coming up on Saturday) for her and told her all about their day. We prayed a rosary together and then sent the girls to bed. And the reason for the visit was put on the table.
.
I'm about to talk about something that is sensitive in nature, so if you know us or our families, please keep your lips sealed. We don't know if this is going to go anywhere, but seeing as how I'm not going to sleep tonight, I might as well write about it. If you cannot keep quiet, please do not read further, but if you can and want to know why I won't be able to sleep, then read on.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A good friend of our friend has a daughter in a crisis pregnancy. It was recommended by their adoption attorney that the daughter travel to a different state to give birth and proceed with an adoption (this is due to the adoption laws in their home state, I suppose). Our friend suggested that her house would be available if the daughter chose to come to our state for the birth. After playing phone tag with the daughter all weekend, they finally got on the phone today and the daughter asked our (mutual) friend if she knew of a Catholic couple who would be a good option to parent her daughter. And we came to mind.
.
I don't know a lot of details yet, other than this woman has been talking to an attorney already and is convinced that this is the right thing to do for her second child, as the situation is truly a crisis. But we do know that it is a baby girl that is due in the early fall. Nothing is certain - and the mother can change her mind up to 30 days after terminating her rights. But I would like to ask for prayers. We will be contacting them tomorrow and then proceeding to find an attorney and get the ball rolling on our end.
.
This would be a direct answer to my own prayers and while the timing isn't perfect for us (2 months post-surgery, I will still have some limited mobility), I can't imagine how awesome it would be to have a newborn girl again. My heart literally aches when I think of it.
.
So, please. Pray for me. Pray for us. Pray for the birthmother and darling baby girl.
.
And maybe I'll have to blog through this entire crazy process this summer - as if moving and surgery weren't enough on our plates! The blessing! Oh, I do hope that this is the one God has in mind for us.
.
sigh
Posts written by humble servant
6 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger