October 11, 2006
Works for Me Wednesday - Trust
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
.
Well, I could start by saying that what doesn't work for me is moving 5 times in 3 1/2 years. But since this column is about what actually works for me, I will try to make a positive spin on this.
.
If you've been reading my blog for any amount of time, you will know that my family has moved 4 times in the last 3 years. One of those times was in-town and self-imposed, since we wanted to be in a house - but it was still a move.
.
A few weeks ago, the subject came up of a job in a big city. While I was initially angry that this would happen after we've only been here 3 months, it was a city that is a second home to our family. We knew that after the work of a move was complete, we would not be upset about the move. It was a place where we want to live. It turns out the hiring director dislikes Husband so much that she found someone external for the position. I know this sounds like a bunch of hooey (like, if Husband is really that good, then he would have gotten the job, right? Well, if you talk to anyone else in the corporate office - and practically anywhere else in the company - Husband has a stellar reputation and is known for his work ethic and ability to inspire others to great work. And yes, I'm bragging on him a little, but he deserves it.) Anyway, the powers-that-be did not force the director's hand and Husband didn't get the job that he wanted.
.
And two days ago, it was confirmed that his location is for sale. And he found out from someone in another department. And his boss and his boss's boss didn't know his location was for sale already (this was an eventual possibility, it just wasn't supposed to happen this soon). So, lots of people are upset, particularly since they would have forced the director's hand had they known about the for sale sign going up right away.
.
Remember back in the late spring when I was freaked out because they wanted Husband to move to Baltimore? But then at the last minute, asked if he'd reconsider here since they found such a "great candidate" for the Baltimore job? Yeah, that "great candidate" was fired a couple weeks ago for being a racist. And now they again think Husband should go to Baltimore.
.
And no, I'm not happy about this. Yes, I was able to find positive things about moving to Baltimore in the early summer. And sure those things are still valid, but let's face it. If he really is the right guy, why did they send us here? Why didn't they just have us move to Baltimore in June? Before Husband's grandfather there died... ????
.
So, what works for me in this time of uncertainty is praying. In praying, I find a peace that I am not even willingly embracing. In praying, I am reminded that no matter where God leads us, we are going to be great as long as we're together. I know that God has not forsaken us and it's not going to start now. I don't know what His plan is, but I trust that He will take care of us in all of this.
.
Praying for trust. That's what works for me.
.
For other, more helpful tips, visit Shannon at
Rocks in My Dryer.
Posts written by humble servant
6 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger