September 21, 2006
The Stress Begins Again
I appreciate all the prayers, they are definitely helping with my attitude. I suppose I can tell you a little about what's going on. I did get a couple emails and phone calls and a few of you guessed correctly what was going on, though I can't believe you were able to guess when I felt like a brick wall fell through the ceiling and landed in my lap. Because that is exactly how unexpected this thing is in our lives.
.
Nothing certain yet, because the details haven't been worked out, but it seems we will be moving again. Much much sooner than the 2 years we'd thought/planned. Likely before Thanksgiving if we can find a place and work things out here to get out of our lease.
.
We were initially shell-shocked they'd even ask. Particularly since we really like it here and we've just about gotten settled (I even started ordering window treatments, just 4 days ago). We joined a homeschool group that is simply incredible. We have been enjoying time with some friends here and getting to know Cara's parents. The girls are taking piano lessons and just had their first recital, they're in a girls club and some co-op classes. We just had our photos taken for the pictorial directory for our church. We've planted flowers and painted rooms and all sorts of stuff in the house. We love our neighborhood and we love our house. We're happy here. We want to stay a while. But....
.
There is some good news in here. It would be technically a lateral move for Husband, but in a better location and much more visable to the corporate folks. And bigger impact financially for the company. It is in a city that we love and we swore when we left it, we would move back in a heartbeat. We have lots of friends in the greater Metro area. And our friends here wouldn't be too far away. It's still doable as far as driving to see our family in Florida - I should know, since I did it 7 times in 2004. And did I mention the job is in the city we think of as our second home? Only second to Tampa Bay, where our parents live...
.
Like I said, there are details to be worked out, but it sounds like the powers-that-be in the corporate world want this to happen. Husband happens to be a turn-it-around kinda guy and that's just what is needed there. So, I'm freaking out over the prospect of moving again and doing all the work so soon. Finding a house, organizing the move and then unpacking once we're on the back end. And we're looking at this happening before Christmas?
.
Are we freaking crazy!?!
.
Maybe just suckers.
.
Like I said, though, none of this is certain yet. Nothing is in writing and like we learned last time, things don't always happen the way you expect.
.
I swear I am not going to say anything about this move. Because when we moved here this summer, I said over and over how easy it all went. How we got unpacked so quickly, how smoothly the move went - not one item damaged, no major hiccups in the schedule, etc... I am being force-fed those words this week.
.
I'll keep you posted. But we may not know anything for a couple weeks. I hate the waiting.
Posts written by humble servant
4 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger