August 15, 2006
Blog Boredom
I'm finding my blog mundane and boring. I like that I can read through past entries to see what was going on when, but I'm not finding much happiness in keeping this blog lately. I don't feel like my creative juices are flowing and my writing has just been blah. And I don't want to be just one more mommy blogger who chronicles the trudge of every day. I want to be interesting and fun! and feel like I'm making a difference, even if it is just expanding the creative portion of my mind and developing a writing a style all my own.
.
I think I am going to take a break for a while. I enjoy reading everyone else's blogs, particularly some of the ones I've recently stumbled across. But my heart and my mind just are not into writing anything witty or interesting - and ultimately, I've always wanted to find a topic that I am passionate enough about to write a book. And well, I'm thinking that "Today I Cleaned the Laundry Room" is not destined to be a bestseller (or even a successful giveaway book).
.
I am going to start a new thing or two, but not for a couple weeks at least. We have a new school year for which to prep and I have a lot on my TO DO LIST. And then, in about two weeks, we will actually begin the school year. You know what? Here I am, making this blog entry even more mundane by talking about all the daily blah going on in my life.
.
I would like to start writing some different kinds of things and possibly will close this blog (or at least stop writing on it altogether). I am considering moving over to typepad more permanently and starting a new bloggy project.
.
But for now, I'm going to sign off and pick one thing off my to do list to accomplish before dinner. And I'll be around (except for next week, when I will be walking on the beach with my children, looking for seashells to add to our colle- oh, we don't have a collection! I threw it out during the packing in June, so as to have one less thing to find a place for in our new home. So, I guess we will be starting our seashell collection from scratch. And that means lotsa beach-walking, my friends.)
.
Until next time, God Bless you.
Posts written by humble servant
0 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger