July 13, 2006
Quickie
I'm back online! Whew! Almost 3 weeks....
.
I have to admit something, though... Aside from missing out on checking on my blog-buddies, I haven't missed the internet or cable tv at all. As a matter of fact, I have a feeling our belated connectivity pushed us to spend our time unpacking rather than chillin' on the couch enjoying each other's company after a couple weeks' separation.
.
We are nearly done unpacking (with the exception of the boxes in the garage, which is all stuff that wasn't unpacked in Florida anyway - things I have to go through and either get rid of or find a spot in our current house). Sure, the guest bedroom has a closet full of boxes of my scrapping stuff and other various craft things and assorted miscellany, but who's counting that stuff when we've been in the house 12 days?
I do have a few things left to unpack and put away: one box in my bedroom closet that has winter clothes in it; two boxes of clothes in the girls' closet that have yet to be unpacked and put away since we got rid of a dresser in their room; two boxes in the living room of books, since we got rid of two bookshelves that were hand-me-downs over 10 years ago and we are trying to figure out how to conjure up a beautiful piece of furniture without breaking the bank; and 4 boxes of school cabinet stuff that needs to be organized and put back into the cabinet, which is now housed in our overly spacious laundry room.
.
The house is fantastic! If you can look past the crappy lawn (which I am promised will be taken care of next week), the house is incredible. There is a lot that we want to do: remove the wallpaper in the breakfast room and paint it, along with painting the hallway and family room; paint the outside trim around the windows of the doors (currently, it is a bright turquoise color - not exactly complimentary of the beautiful brick home surrounding those doors); paint some of the trim in the main living area; purchase furniture for the dining room (we're debating a pool table over a dining set); spiff up the back patio, which is currently a boring plain concrete slab behind the house.
.
We are planning a brief trip to Atlanta in a couple weeks since Husband has training there for his new position. Husband also just called today to let me know we'll be heading to Florida for a couple days at the beach next month for another conference that he needs to attend, ironically we'll be staying at the place we really wanted to move to.
.
We've been settling quickly here, more out of necessity than anything else - the quicker we're unpacked and have our projects done, the sooner we fall into a routine here and get back to "life". It's been a great transition so far, with playdates with Cara's kids (and Cara's great help in painting the girls' bedroom, among other things), we had dinner with Sandi's family last weekend (thanks again, Sandi, for a nice and welcoming evening), and tonight, we actually have arranged for a sitter and Husband and I are going to go see Superm*n.
.
So, maybe one of these days, I'll get around to catching up on the hundreds of emails I have in my inbox, I spent a good chunk of time this afternoon trying to catch up on some blogreading.... And I hope to take some pictures of the house for the family, so if you're patient, you might even get to see our new digs.
.
Until next time, God Bless You.
Posts written by humble servant
3 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger