July 21, 2006
Thankfulness
Thankfulness, thankfulness... is what I long for.... Thankfulness is what I neeed. Thankfulness, thankfulness is what You want from meee.....
.
I have to admit that things are going really well. Our transition is nearing completion, with a few straggling boxes in the garage and laundry room, oh and in the closet of the guest room. But, we've been living life mostly the past week or so - Bookworm Betty (older daughter) has been going to an arts daycamp for the past two weeks, today being her last day. She's enjoyed her time with the other kids and the teachers continue to praise her and tell us how smart she is. It's nice that she thrives in any type of situation. Silly Sally (younger daughter) has really blossomed in the past two weeks, having so much time with mommy has done us some good. We've been playing games and running errands and I took her to a free movie last week and one this week. She's following the rules and wants to be helpful. She still has moments, but they are a couple times in the last two weeks instead of a couple times a day.
.
Monday, we met a group of local homeschoolers. We're happy to make their acquaintance so early in our residence here, particularly since they have a co-op which starts in just a week and half. They are a very active group and we look forward to all the opportunities being part of a group will present. We're hoping that the science class works out, since it will certainly be a blessing for Bookworm Betty to have this opportunity. They all share the same christian faith and it will be wonderful to be around so many loving children. And for me to witness the examples these mothers are. While I don't strive to have a multitude of children, these women have far more patience and grace than I could even imagine.
.
As for the house, I have some painting left to do, but the family room is almost complete (thanks to the hard work of the owner's sister). We're debating still on sofa-back-pillow-color, since the wall color is a bit warmer for the color we'd decided on. I hope the rug I bought last week works now that the walls are painted. The color looks different on the walls than the paint chip looked in the store.... Beautiful, but it doesn't really match what we'd decided for the furniture. Oops. The next big project will be the breakfast room/kitchen.
.
We're happy. Things are coming together for Husband's job - he let go a couple managers (his least favorite part of the job) and has quickly found replacements, internal promotions, which I think is starting to give the rest of the employees confidence that he's not coming in to clean the whole house. He also eliminated a position (vacated by one of the internal promotions) and created a new position, which he's hired one of his recent employees in FL to fill. They work well together and she will prosper here and get the growth she was looking for and he will have the right-hand-woman that will allow him to focus on the main clean-up of the property (and spend a reasonable amount of time with his family). I was there last week for a fundraiser and the employees that were involved seemed to respond well and the HR person told me that employees respect him already and see that he's willing to work hard right next to them as long as it takes. And the other comment she made was that it is obvious he CARES about the employees. It's important. You treat them well, they want to work hard with you. But it's good to hear he's getting good feedback already. And once these new managers are fully in place and properly trained, we'll see more of Husband.
.
We are really looking forward to our trip to Atlanta next week. It will be great to have some family time in the evenings and squeeze some visits in with friends. I'm even thinking of trying to make it to a homeschool conference while we are there.
.
And in the meantime, we are settling in nicely. Silly Sally is playing with a friend who stayed overnight last night. I'm going to pick the brain of my friend's dad about what kind of plants I should plant in the beds out front and the side garden. And I want to drive around and try to find a statue or birdbath to fill the space left by a dead tree in a bed in front of the garage. I'm not sure what I want there, but I figure something that's not alive is a good starting point (I have a black thumb).
.
Anyway, I better go fix some lunch for Silly Sally and her friend.
.
I am so thankful that things have worked out so well in our move here. I couldn't have asked for anything else (except maybe that the owner of the house didn't have this foofy wallpaper in the kitchen) and I know that God had planned this move for years - how else do you explain my insta-friendship with Cara? [And subsequent friendships from blog-world?] He knew I'd need Cara and her family (parents included) when I moved here and He plainly set Cara into my life, a short two years ago (it feels so much longer!). Even Husband liked her that first time we met (and he isn't very complimentary with new people). :) But it's been fantastic. And I know that God had this grand plan and places friends in my life for a reason. And I never imagined that part of the reason for my friendship with Cara (and Sandi, too!) was because we were going to live HERE. This was never a possibility on our map. So, I just trust. And give THANKS. Because that's all I can do. And well, it makes my life feel so much happier.
.
Until next time, God Bless you!
Posts written by humble servant
3 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger