June 19, 2006
7 days and counting
We have paperwork! Which means the house is official. Which also means I can breathe again. Sleep, once again, eluded me last night. I will be glad when this whole moving business is over with because I will sleep much better in my own bed with Husband at my side.
.
After an incredibly long week, the girls and I arrived home last evening. It was SO nice coming home to a squeaky clean house (remember all that work I did before I left?). I have to say it gives me some motivation to do that before every trip. Not likely to happen, but it's something to aspire to.
.
So, the house. Yeah, that was a nightmare. Some houses fell through and like I said last week, thank God for Cara. But even that house had some initial headaches (the owner, for instance, lives in the UK) regarding communication. I was seriously 3 minutes into my drive back to Florida when the owner called me to say that he'd emailed the corrected lease. So, Husband's actually going to sign it and when we are together again, we will both sign/notarize a copy to be mailed overseas.
.
It's an incredible house. Beautiful neighborhood. Stunning, really. The layout is great (though we'd have loved a 4th bedroom or an office or even a bonus room above the garage) and we're looking forward to getting our stuff in there and making it our new home. There is some work to do since the owner's wife loved bright colors and insisted on a wallpaper in a massive room. We are going to repaint the master bath and take down the wallpaper and repaint the kitchen/dining room. But, it will be worth it. We're looking forward to planting some flowers out front and making the back patio comfortable. We look forward to evenings spent with good friends and long walks in the neighborhood. We're looking forward to being together again as a family - it's been crazy! But we're happy it will be over soon.
.
The movers pushed all my dates forward, so instead of having two weeks back in Florida to prepare for the move, they will be storming our home one week from today. And loading the truck the next day. It's so hard to believe that just next week, this will no longer be our home. We haven't even adjusted to the IDEA of moving back to Georgia. But, we look forward to time with our great friends. We aren't that far from Atlanta, so we hope our friends there will make the trek to visit us in our new home (and I suppose we'll go there on occasion as well).
.
I have a lot to do, yet not much of it is time consuming, so this week will be busy, but lots of time to take the girls to the pool and enjoy our last week with our friends here. I need to get going because I have to make some phone calls about furniture pick-up. :)
.
Hope your week last week was a good one. I am so sorry for the Duckworth family and for Linda and her family. I wish there were words to give you the comfort and peace you need.
.
God Bless you.
Posts written by humble servant
2 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger