May 20, 2005
Chicken with my Head Cut Off
It's been one of those weeks. On top of just having a lot of emotional stuff going on in my head, I have had a LOT going on the past few days.
Wednesday, I got a visit from the apartment manager - apparently my neighbor downstairs called to complain that the kids were running back and forth and allegedly jumping so hard that a picture was knocked from her wall and broke. Well, if she had said the running and jumping had happened first thing in the morning, I'd have found the complaint to be reasonable, but she said it happened during naptime. Naptime, people! My kids do not run and jump while they are sleeping soundly. And well, I was sitting on my a$$ folding laundry when this supposedly happened. Of course, it couldn't have been the movers banging stuff around right next door to her. It just couldn't. Even though I felt my floor shake a few times from them running things into the walls below. Of course, I apologized anyway, but the apt. mgr left laughing because she couldn't believe the ridiculousness of the situation.
Yesterday, I took no chances and the girls and I went to the zoo for the day. It was apparently a good time, because they were telling daddy at bedtime how much fun they'd had. It was fun and I loved seeing them excited over the animals and they rode the camel and the carousel. They would have ridden more of the rides, but the friends we were with didn't have ride passes and I didn't want them to feel left out after their funds ran out. Even though the zoo is a good 40-45 minute drive, it is worth the thought of going at least once a week through the summer. A lot of our friends have passes, so now that school is out, we will be meeting on a regular basis, since they don't want to drive to us - not much to do in Timbuktu.
Today, I need to color my hair again - the roots are getting out of control and the white is showing through in the back. I'd like to get a pedicure because sandal season is in full-swing here and sandpaper feet just don't cut it. I have to pack - we are headed to our parents' for the weekend, well, the girls will stay the whole weekend. A and his dad are going to see Epis0de III tonight and I will hopefully get a few hours with my girlfriend. Tomorrow, I am getting my hair trimmed because I it is just a fuzzy mess in this humidity. In the early afternoon, we have my friend's son's graduation party.
Then, A and I will head home to get ready for a hoity toity function that I am not really looking forward to (thus the hair-coloring, toe-painting, hair-cutting extravaganza of the next 24 hours). You see, he is in a professional/service organization and they have a celebration of sorts that is semi-formal at a fancy schmancy place with a bunch of snooty, small-town folk. I am probably not being fair, but these people seriously think they live in the greatest "city" in America. And maybe they do live in a cute little town, but it is a far cry from what they claim. But maybe that's because I am not a small-town kinda girl and just can't imagine living for years on end in this part of the state. But, anyway, it should be supernice to get all dressed up and go out with my handsome husband. And hopefully we can sneak out a bit early and take advantage of being home all alone for the night.
Sunday morning, early church, then back to our parents' neck of the woods to pick up the girls and head to my mom's for a family cook-out. My grandmother and her husband are headed to the Sunshine State and we've invited my aunt and cousin and her daughter over for Sunday lunch and hanging out by the pool. It should be a good time and I am looking forward to a quiet and simple day with the girls at the pool, though nothing is simple with my Grandma around.
Oh, and did I forget to mention that my grandma is bringing Christmas gifts (for 2004) and I have absolutely NOTHING in mind for them? Ugh. What do you buy for folks in their 60s who are generous to you, but buy whatever they want for themselves? Oh, and something to do with grandkids just doesn't cut it, because she just. doesn't. care. Seriously, she didn't like her own kids until they were adults and she didn't like me til I was an adult and I seriously doubt she will like my girls until they are old enough to drive.
And the girls have asked to go back to the zoo, so I'll take them Monday. :) I am a very spoiling mommy at times.
Anyway, I have to get going, my hair is not getting any darker....
Much love to you all. If I hear from Kate, I'll update you all on bad girls.
Until next time, God be with you.
Posts written by humble servant
4 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger