May 16, 2005
Nothing Much to Say
Had a nice, quiet intimate family weekend. Our first weekend at home since I can't remember when - two weeks before Easter?

Saturday, we went to Panera for breakfast (something we haven't done in almost a year!) and A took V over to the music store while I took Little A to the bead shop on the other side of the shopping center. Actually a perfect lazy morning. We ran a couple errands before coming home and spending a quiet afternoon.

Yesterday was church (the nuns commented that it had been a long time since they'd seen the girls in Sunday School - but were terribly embarrassed when I (reminded) told them that my stepfather had passed and we'd been spending our weekends with our family on the coast. After church, we came home and it seems like we did absolutely nothing. A had some sort of stomach virus (thankyouverymuch, he gave it to me, so I am sick today) and the girls, I think, were just thrilled to be home with mom and dad.

Pretty boring weekend, but exactly what we needed. Some time to regroup as a family and as a couple.

Tomorrow, we are headed to see our family - A's parents have signed up for mass tomorrow for the repose of Bob's soul. (For those of you who aren't familiar with Catholic ideology, each mass is said for some intention - mostly the intention is for a deceased person, for the repose of the soul resting in God, so to speak. Other mass intentions might be for someone who is very ill; someone with a great celebration - wedding, anniversary, etc.; or another intention - Since Mother's Day was last weekend, the masses were said for ALL MOTHERS.) Anyway, since the mass intention tomorrow is for Pop, we will all be going as a family. It isn't really a memorial mass, but something that gives the family comfort and I say if it gets my mom to church, then I'm all for it. Besides, she's actually really enjoying the Tuesday healing mass, even though she's not Catholic and she can't always get out of work early enough to go.

Anyway, I don't really have anything interesting to say today. I know I have some funnies that Little A came up with over the weekend, so if I can recall them, I'll post again later.

Until next time, God Bless you and keep you healthy and safe and happy!
Posts written by humble servant
3 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger