March 07, 2005
The Best Love Story I've Ever Seen
We have Netflix. We love it. So much that we gave my FIL a subscription for Christmas. There is a cool new feature that allows one account to have several queues. This means A can choose movies that he wants to see and since his queue is allotted one movie at a time, he knows that if he doesn't watch the one he has, he's not getting a new one yet. I am fair and since the main queue is allowed 2 movies at a time, I try to keep every other one on there something we both want to see.
.
My latest movie for my own selfish viewing pleasure was The Notebook. This movie was absolutely the most romantic movie I have ever seen. Ever. In my life. I won't spoil it by giving away plot details or anything like that, but it was an incredible movie. It had nothing to do with the actors, they aren't ones I really even knew well before watching this movie. It isn't like I was lusting after Brad Pitt or something... And I think that helped make it more realistic. That I wasn't watching some well-known actors play a character - I was watching the characters themselves.
.
I sobbed watching it. I cried the next morning when I was telling A about it (he refused to watch it with me). I cried on the phone with my mom after I had her watch it - days after my viewing. It was the most heartening movie I have seen. The most real. The most amazing love. And if you watch the dvd and look at the deleted/extended scenes, there are some pretty hot sex scenes in there too.
.
If you like love stories, run out and rent this one! I am actually going to get a library card tomorrow just so I can check out this novel. A has joked that I am going to convert love story lovers everywhere one woman at a time. I laughed evil-y and said "I am going to reach about 5 at once by having a blog entry about this movie!"
.
This is one movie that I will actually own.
Posts written by humble servant
2 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger