October 23, 2005
Weekend Update
Well, the surgery went routinely. There was some extra stuff in there, but I don't know yet what it was and the doctor basically said she'd talk to me at our follow up on November 1st, so it must not be serious. I know if she'd have talked to me right after the surgery, I probably wouldn't even remember anyway. I found out the next day that I was thoughtful enough to call Cara and let her know I was out and okay. LOL!
.
Because A woke up with the virus V had earlier in the week, his mom ended up taking me to the hospital and waiting. I think I must have told her she could stop at the grocery store and I sat in the car, but I don't remember sitting there. I do know that when we got back to her house, the trunk was full of groceries. I spent the rest of the day basically sleeping - I think I woke up three times for a brief time.
.
I'm doing okay, but push it too much and have lengthened my recovery time by doing stuff I'm not supposed to. Typical me. But, now that we are getting weather from Wilma, I've pushed it too much by shopping for groceries and such - just carrying stuff when I was advised not to.
.
There is a horn on my television telling me that there is a tornado in the area, so I am going to shut down the computer. I can't believe A took the girls to see a movie this evening, but I do welcome the solitude and relative quiet.
.
Back to the kitchen so we have the requisite three days worth of prepared food in case we lose power.
.
Off subject, A and I were talking earlier when Jeb had a press conference and we think he'd make a great head of FEMA. He has consistently handled the management of relief before, during and after hurricanes with incredible speed and maximum efficiency. Maybe the next president would keep that in mind (W couldn't get away with it - nepotism and all).
.
Anyway, if we lose power, I'll check in as soon as I can. Otherwise, I'll be online tomorrow perhaps.
.
God Bless you.
Posts written by humble servant
2 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger