September 18, 2005
Let me take you on a trip, around the world and back....
This afternoon, the girls and I taxied our Man to the airport to send him to Vegas. V insisted on getting 16 kisses - one for each morning and night she wouldn't see him, while Little A settled for about 10. :) They are so sweet. Since I will be seeing him in a few days, I only got one. :)
.
On the way home, I was thinking of the multitude of things to accomplish in the next couple days before my own trip begins. And then the closer I got to home, the heavier the sadness was on my heart. My love is going to be thousands of miles away for the next few days and I just can't stand being in the house alone at night. Yeah, I know, I know the girls are here. But the fact is, it is freaking scary here at night. There are woods behind the house and the house on one side isn't finished yet, so no neighbors there and the house on the other side is just finished and the owners haven't closed and moved in yet. So, I feel like I am far removed from neighbors. And those woods, well, our bedroom window faces them and I swear I see and hear things at night.
.
Anyway, I got home and was watching a classic 80s movie - any guesses? - and I thought of an old (boy) friend. So, I gave him a call and we talked for a while and caught up on what's going on in the other's life. Then the other phone rang, so I said goodbye and best wishes and I'll talk to you in another year or two.
.
One of my (local/best) friends (Al) called and I talked her ear off - she had never heard of this old (boy) friend. And then after I realized she called me, I asked if there was something she wanted to talk about. And she told me about a trip she is in the infancy planning stages.
.
Come with me to Italy!
.
A couple of the (female) teachers at her school told her they wanted to go to Europe next summer. Since Al's husband plans trips for students (my husband and I have each been on a trip with him, chaperoning high school students around Europe), they knew she would be able to put something together for them for a reasonable price. So, she wanted to know if I want to come and if I know anyone who might like to come. And I want to open this up to you, my internet friends and even those I know in person who read this blog.
.
We are looking at a 10-15 day trip in July 2006. The cost will be somewhere between $2000-$2500 per person and includes airfare, all hotels and breakfast and supper daily. It also includes all the planned outings for the trip, much sightseeing and all travel between cities and within each city. It includes a personal tour director as well and if I have my way, we will have the Parisian guy who directed the tour I went on last year - he was a lot of fun and incredibly knowledgeable. This tour is being planned as a women only excursion, but if you have an older daughter you wanted to bring along, be aware that you will be responsible for her at all times - meaning, if we plan an outing to a nightclub or something and she is too young to get in, you can't just leave her at the hotel. :)
.
I have talked to my mom and I think this might be something that we'll do together - she has never been outside the US and never thought she would, so I was thinking this might be an excellent way for her to have some fun and do something she never thought she'd be able to do. I also think this is going to be a trip that I will definitely not want to miss. To think of touring through Italy/Switzerland/???? with a group of women who just want to have some fun? I think it will be awesome!
.
As I said, if you are interested in more information, or know of someone else who might be, email me - my email address is on the lower left of my blog.
If you are interested, please email me privately to get more information.
Posts written by humble servant
4 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger