October 28, 2005
I'm Alive
Thank you, Nino, for the email checking on me. I owe you a proper response, which I haven't time for right now, but thought I'd throw out a quickie entry.
.
I'm finally recovered from my "minor" surgery last week. It took long enough for me to feel okay, but I do have a feeling it was because I was overdoing it in the days immediately following. Our family went through almost a full week of a yucky virus, so that maybe hampered things a bit as well.
.
And the last 3 days, I've had the pleasure of keeping some friends/neighbors' two daughters all day. It actually was nice - we had a great time Wednesday at a cooking class at the local Children's Museum where they wanted to stay and play after the class; Thursday, we spent a couple hours at the neighborhood park/playground; and today, we went back to the Children's Museum for their halloween party. Mixed in between were many many meals, lots of fort/tent/castle building, lots of books, some computer games, and 4 giggling girls! It was nice how well they all played together and I will look forward to spending time with them again in the future, even without their parents - who are pretty cool.
So, you can imagine that I am pretty wiped out. But I have loads and loads of laundry to do and we still haven't bought that dumb gas dryer, so I have to go to the coin place AGAIN. Thank the good Lord that A's company has agreed to pay out the bonuses for his place (lots of bonuses were denied due to the corporate's financial situation - and the bonus program "may change at any time for any reason"). So, it looks like we will have a new dryer in a few short weeks. In the meantime, I have to go to the coin place to dry everything. Which makes for an incredibly long day of washing before heading out to dry it all.
.
I've volunteered to help with the craft table at the community kids' halloween party tomorrow, so I'll be setting up in the morning and then busy with that in the afternoon. I don't know what I was thinking, except I do know that I want to make some friends here and I figure the best way to do that is to be involved in stuff.
.
One cool thing, speaking of friends: I joined a thing at our church that is kinda like a prayer/support group of moms and it has been awesome. And today, at the children's museum - I ran into one of the women in my group. I'm starting to like living here, which is something I was certain I would NEVER say. I bet it has to do with feeling like I have connections with other people locally.
.
Anyway, have a fantastic weekend. I will upload pictures of the girls all dressed up in their halloween best. And I promise to finish some long overdue posts and get them up sometime in the next week.
.
Be safe and keep your kids safe for their Trick or Treating!
.
God Bless you.
Posts written by humble servant
1 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger