March 10, 2005
Phffflllllbbbbb....
Dang! I did a whole post this morning and obviously there was an error when I published. It is nowhere to be found. And I think I recall parts of it were rather witty and funny. (yeah right)

Anyway, I wanted to explain my recent absence. I have been really busy - living my life, instead of sitting here living in cyberspace. That is not to say I don't love you all, but it's been really important for me to immerse myself back into the day to day life of my family. I've been cooking and cleaning and spending more time with the girls, particularly V.

V and I have gotten on track with homeschooling and we are spending several hours each day working on lessons and we'd spend even more, if she had her druthers. She wants to start before she's even had breakfast! I hope she enjoys learning this much as she gets older. She's starting to read, both sight words and using phonics. I am so impressed with how much of a sponge she is - and she seems to be retaining so much. I actually need to get some 1st grade math stuff since she's breezed through all the Kindergarten stuff. We actually have nothing more to do with the kindergarten math - so we'll get started on first grade, I guess. All of her letters are now legible and mostly consistent. That is one of the big things for her - to practice and perfect her writing skills. She continues to impress me with that - just a month ago, many of her letters were sloppy and unreadable. Now, they are pretty good - every day.

So, that is taking up so much time. But, it is worth it. She is happier and I'm feeling better about how much she's learning. I look forward to meeting some local folks and start going on field trips soon.

And we've been packing in a lot of family time. We've been to 3 baseball games in a week. I have loved baseball since I was a kid - my dad and I used to watch the Cleveland Indi*ns play and I remember the post-season the year before he died I would rush home from work at night to sit and watch the last few innings of the game with my dad. I wish I'd known then that would be the last time we watched baseball together alone. I like to think, though, that the games I've been to in the last 10+ years I've taken him along with me. So, it is really something special for me to share this love of baseball with my own family. We're blessed to live local to the Grapefruit League and we're even able to see lots of Indi*ns games. And I have to hand it to my awesome husband who leaves work in the middle of the day to go to a game with his family - and that he was able to get us the tickets for 5 games - at no cost to us! So, we went to a game today. And it was wonderful and I got the girls baseball caps (we had a 20% off coupon!). I'll have to take a picture of them in their caps and post it.

Basically, we've been having a lot of fun, but also getting our work done - I am even only one load away from having no laundry to do (including putting away, which happens to be my sore spot). And we've been eating home-cooked meals every single night - until tonight, we went to Chili*s. :)

And there is one more thing. Please pray for us. I won't go into detail, but there was something very weird and scary that happened in the middle of the night and I just know that we need lots of prayer around us right now.

Until next time, God be with you and fill your heart with peace.
Posts written by humble servant
1 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger