December 02, 2004
Shame on Me (grin)
Well, my friends, this may be one of my last real updates for a couple weeks. Our computer is being packed up next Wednesday (5 more days) and I have a lot to get done between now and then, so I will be turning this thing off (for the first time in months, it will be off while I am at home) this afternoon. I felt I owed a real update about what is going on and what will keep me from my beloved friends and efriends for the coming weeks.

First, I am glad to be home after a week of being a hobo in Florida. Within 3 minutes of us walking in the door Sunday night, Ana was stripped down to her diaper and hugging her pillow. That is kinda how I felt, too. I was so happy to be home and able to let it all hang out (not literally, in my case) - and to be sleeping in my own bed. On the other hand, I am freaking out over how much I have to get done before the movers come next Wednesday.

I am looking forward to spending a bit of time, no matter how small, with some of my closest friends before I leave. As a matter of fact, I overbooked myself for today and have to call one friend and cancel. Good thing I had plans with her for tomorrow as well. But, my other plans include a beautiful friend and her darling baby girl. I can't wait! She even offered to help me get some things done, so I have decided that tonight is the time to go through all the toys and let the girls pick out the few favorite things they want to keep - the rest (most practically brand new and some still in boxes) will go tomorrow to a donation center for children in need. And the darling baby girl may find herself with a few "new" things for herself this evening as well. Because this beautiful friend is on a weight loss mission as my buddy, we will be dining on a delicious salad with grilled chicken and drinking refreshing cold tap water. lol

--My indecent night on Tuesday--
(disclaimer: if you can't take things I say with a grain of salt, you might just want to skip this next section because I just don't want to offend anyone or make them think I would do anything inappropriate or without first consulting my husband.)

So, let me tell you about the other night. I had a just-what-the-doctor-ordered evening - well mostly anyway. ;) Tuesday night, a friend came over. Okay, well he is my friend's 24 year old stepson who recently moved to the north Georgia area and is currently living with an aunt and her two teenage sons. While I was in Florida for Thanksgiving week, I gave the young man, we'll call him Dave, a key to stay at our apartment in our absence. I figured he would appreciate having some time by himself and the freedom to go out til all hours, etc. if he so desired. The only rules were no girls in my apartment and leave it like you found it.

Anyway, Dave had to bring the key and swipe card for the gate back (since I am moving out next week and all), so I made dinner Tuesday and he came by after work. We drank a bottle of red wine with dinner and before I opened the second bottle, I offered him the couch for the night, rather than expect him to drive 50 minutes home after finishing 2 bottles of wine with me. Horror of horrors, I had a young man stay overnight in spite of my husband's absence. We stayed up late talking about the fun irresponsible things you do when you are single and young and free of responsibility for others (which he still is, but I am so not). After finishing the second bottle of wine, he made Vanilla Cokes (coke with vanilla absolut in it!) and then we switched to water. lol I knew my mommy duties would resume once the girls awoke in the morning and I didn't want to feel like h*ll.

It was totally fun and just what I needed... to escape the reality of my life right now. You can't exactly talk about how frustrating your children are or how worried about your credit you are when you are with a virtual boy - they just don't understand or care. So, we talked about crazy stuff we've done in the past - I think he was shocked by some of my past indiscretions and certainly shocked at my husband's comments on the phone just that night.

Speaking of my husband's comments: He has such a sick sense of humor.... I love that about him. When he first called, the girls, Dave and I were eating dinner and I joked that since we were polishing off a bottle of wine, I had already started spilling deep dark secrets. A said, completely deadpan "as long as there is no kn0b-polishing". ?!?!?!?! I have rarely been rendered speechless, but I sure was then. Later, when he called back, we had nearly finished the second bottle and I asked if A had a problem with the couch offer. His response: "I don't know how I feel about any adult male staying overnight in our apartment after you've drunk a bottle of wine. I know how you get when you're drinking."

Funny. As if a.) I would have an affair; b.) if I would, as if it would be with my friend's son; c.) If a and be weren't enough: as if he would have been interested in some old fat girl like me; d.) as if I would have an affair with anyone other than the mailbox guy, who I have missed the past few years. (this last comment inserted in the hopes that my dear husband is reading this blog on occasion.)

So, I had fun. I was a good girl and drank 4 bottles of water after the alcohol, so aside from being tired the next morning, I felt pretty darn good - and refreshed! A night free from stresses was just what I needed.

And then back to reality. The movers are coming next week and up until yesterday morning, we still had hopes of buying a house. Dashed hopes now. You see, this is something that I am not proud of, but it is what it is: when I quit my job to stay home with Veronica (she was 11 months old, so that would have been just over 3 years ago), we were not in a financial state that this was REALLY feasable. So, we went into debt. Now, if I had been honest with Adam at the time of the incurring debt, I might have had to go back to work, but I wasn't. And for that, I will forever be sorry. It has caused a great deal of stress in our marriage in the last couple years and even though we are financially able for me to stay home now, we are still paying for the mess that was created back then. Thus, we are unable to afford a mortgage with the rate we are being approved at right now. So, the good news is, we are on the right track and with any amount of help from above, we will have better credit scores in 6 months and will revisit the home-buying idea then. Also, I now know where we will be living in 2 weeks. As much as I love A, I was not looking forward to living like hobos til the closing on a house.

Anyway.... I have a lot to do before the movers come. I have to go through each room and try to get rid of things that we don't need/use. I also have to sort through and decide what will go into the apartment and what will go into storage.

Next entry will be my schedule! Yikes, once I typed it all, I had to make it an entry unto itself.

Until next time, God Bless you.
Posts written by humble servant
0 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger