April 09, 2008
You have GOT to be kidding me
You know what happens when I open my mouth? Pretty much any time I say something with some amount of relief, I am knocked back on my heels. Remember me telling about the conversation with my brother and how lucky we've been not to get sick this year? And then within two days, I had a vomiting kid and then a week later, I was sick with a fever and then it hit my husband....
.
Well, I was marveling to a friend the other day that at the end of this month, we will have been in this home for longer than we've been anywhere in the past 5 years. 15 months. In one home. It's something we took for granted before, but man, it's been really nice not to move in the past year. And we were looking at the prospect of not even moving for at least another year from now. Which, frankly, would be awesome.
.
And yesterday, I got a call from our property manager.
.
And we have to move this summer. The homeowners are returning to the States and will be moving back into their house. That means we are in a pickle. Should my husband apply for the job in Orlando? Initially, we'd dismissed that idea since we really feel God has things for us to accomplish here before we're to move again. Plus, the job in Orlando is with a company that doesn't have a lot of upward-mobility opportunities for Husband. It would just be a job to get us to Florida, at least closer to our family there.
.
But then, I think about my brothers and the rest of my family in Ohio. I don't want to be so far away from them again so soon, when we're just getting to really know one another again, along with sharing my family with my family of origin. Also, there's a good possibility that my husband's sister will be moving to the Cleveland area (from Los Angeles) and she's expecting her first baby this fall...
.
Not to mention, our friends and the homeschooling support that we have here... And our activities and responsibilities to our church community here...
.
I keep thinking we'll be staying here, maybe even a bit selfishly - who wants to establish connections in a 5th city in as many years? But either way you slice this pie, we're moving this summer. Please pray that we get as much help as we need (I still can't lift anything and my shoulders are about in the worst shape ever) and that we find the home that God has in mind for us - and that we know it is the right one.
.
I'll try to write more often, but I can't promise anything - I've got to start packing. Again.
Posts written by humble servant
5 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger