February 21, 2007
Moving Right Along
Sorry I've been rather distanced from this place. With my shoulder, I'm back to typing with one hand, so that's no fun.
.
We had a nice weekend, visiting the National Aquarium in Baltimore, along with at least 200,000 other people on Sunday afternoon. Outside, at the Inner Harbor, the ground was covered with ice, but inside, there were so many people, we were actually sweating from the heat - and that wasn't even in the rainforest section. My brother and his family came from Ohio and since it was the first time we'd been together in over three years, it was a real treat. You might remember some conflict between him and me almost two years ago, and because I have never felt like things were the same since then, I was worried. But I was pleasantly surprised that it was just a really nice weekend. The kids all played well together (and you'd have never guessed that they didn't know each other) and by the time they left, my nephews both were saying how they couldn't wait to come back again.
.
We look forward to seeing them again in a few months, after my neice is born. We've been invited to attend her baptism in Ohio, so we'll definitely be there.
.
The girls and I have been working hard at trying to get back on track with school work. If we don't take any breaks, we'll finish at the end of the summer. If Bookworm has a few days where she wants to blaze ahead, we may actually get to where we're done by the end of July, which would be great. I am not going to put any pressure on her, though. I've enjoyed doing more things with Silly Sally, as she is finally starting to be interested in working with us.
.
I have very little else to talk about. Lent this year is looking to be a time of great growth for me. I enter into this Lenten season filled with anxiety and homesickness. I think maybe I'm expecting too much of myself, but since tomorrow is 3 weeks since we moved in and I haven't met anyone yet, I'm starting to feel really isolated. I'm hoping that with a bit of a weather warm-up, we will get out more. My goal for Lent is to make it to mass 35 days. Since there are 40 days in Lent (not counting Sundays), this means I need to go to daily mass at least Monday through Friday.
.
This is a rambling post and part of it is that I'm not wanting to talk about what's really on my mind. I think I will be back in the morning to give it a proper post all its own. If you read this Wednesday night, please pray for Amy and her family. I'll be back tomorrow for a better explanation than that.
.
God Bless you.
.
Posts written by humble servant
1 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger