December 31, 2006
Rest In Peace
My Great-Grandma would have turned 95 years old today. Mercifully, she left this earth yesterday morning.
.
She was a woman who gambled with her children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She loved us all, but she'd take our money without guilt. She taught us all how to play cards and moved to Reno to spend the rest of her days in beautiful western weather, with coffee in one hand and cards or a Keno card in the other.
.
I don't think she imagined when she moved that she would last this long, that she would slowly and completely lose her mind. That she would require around-the-clock care and eventually be too much for her daughter and son-in-law to care for. I know she wouldn't have wanted to last to 95 under the circumstances she did.
.
Tonight, I toast with the rest of our family across the country, remembering the fun we had and the things we learned from our beloved Grandma Ruth.
.
I pray you are on your way to heaven and will be welcomed quickly into the arms of Jesus. I love you, Grandma.
.
Happy New Year.
Posts written by humble servant
3 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger