December 12, 2006
Overwhelmed after 30 days
30 days of daily posting and here I've offered nothing this month. What a loser I am. Actually, the truth is that we went back to Florida last week (after being home, um, 4 days) and I've just in the last hour returned. I didn't have much screen time over the weekend and I was enjoying a beautiful couple of days with my sweetheart.
.
We had a commitment on Friday, so Husband flew in Thursday night (after only 3 1/2 days at his new job). I drove all day, with a brief lunch stop to visit my grandparents-in-law. Fate would have it that Husband was over an hour late, since I was simply wiped out and wanted to go to bed, instead of drive to the airport at 11 PM, but whatever.
.
Friday was an incredible day, we were much honored by our reception into a group we've been in the process of joining for over three years. I've been a little worried that our level of commitment to the group might be questioned, since we don't live there anymore, but it turns out I'm the only one worried about it. Which is a relief.
.
That night, we had dinner with some friends who have a beautiful new baby girl and a brilliant little son. It was nice to actually get to spend some time with them after being cut off during our October visit.
.
Saturday was a crazy birthday party day - one party at noon at Build*Be*r and then a simple family celebration for Husband's birthday that evening. It blows that he will be in Baltimore alone on his birthday next week.
.
Sunday was the local art and craft show and we had lunch with friends too. The day went quickly, ending sadly as I dropped Husband at the airport to go back to hell, er, I mean Baltimore. I shouldn't badmouth the city. For all I know I am going to love it there, but for now, that city is my nemesis and I feel entitled to vent just a little bit about how I feel right now (particularly since I have a pretty good attitude about all this moving crap).
.
Yesterday turned from a simple, nice day to pure chaos when my great aunt, the one with alzheimer's, was brought to see us at my mother's place of employment. Instead of taking the girls to see a movie, we were obliged to spend some time with someone who has no idea who we are. Ah well, it's a good lesson about life - and she seems to enjoy being with the girls while we're together. We spent the afternoon with my cousin's daughter, after picking her up from school - what a treat! Last evening, I drove north again, stopping for the night with the aforementioned grandparents. And we enjoyed a short morning and breakfast with them today before getting back in the car.
.
In the past three weeks, I've put almost 2500 miles on my van and here I sit, at home, surrounded by piles of laundry and Christmas gifts to prepare and wrap. Plus, my house needs cleaned. Anyone know a good cleaning lady?
.
Happy December. I promise to write more often than I've been. Maybe it'll help get me out of this funk.
.
Until next time, God Bless you.
Posts written by humble servant
0 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger