December 06, 2006
WFMW: Restaurant Gift Cards
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
.
I've been missing from WFMW for a number of weeks, particularly since I've been missing from home for the last two.
.
My tip this week is not something that I've used yet, but a friend of mine told me about the other day and I thought it was rather clever - and useful.
.
This time of year many restaurants have promotions when you purchase a gift card. My friend's family goes every Friday night for pizza at a local place and during the months of November & December, if you purchase a $20 gift certificate, you also get a coupon for a FREE pizza during the month of January. So each Friday, as her husband takes a seat with the kids, my friend goes to the cashier or hostess and purchases a gift certificate. When the bill comes, they use the certificate to pay for their meal and in January, they will have a month of free pizza.
.
She said she's done this at nearly every restaurant they frequent that offers special promotions with gift card/certificate purchases. Her theory is that they were going to spend the money anyway and if they get a free appetizer or future meal from spending something they were going to spend anyway.... Well, you get the idea.
.
Thrifty restaurant visits - Works for Me!
.
Idea by my friend Michelle - a clever one, she is.
.
For more clever ideas, visit Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer.
Posts written by humble servant
8 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger