February 20, 2006
Guilty
We had a pretty fabulous weekend, in spite of a hiccup in the middle.
.
Friday early afternoon, I went to Enterpri$e to pick up our ride. We were supposed to have this, but ended up with this. Free upgrade. Sweet! Came home, sent the kids to the neighbors and A and I loaded up and took off. It was a rather uneventful ride, quiet, which is rather unusual. Though, I think A would argue it wasn't so quiet. I say "at least there weren't fighting kids in the back!". It's nice to spend uninterrupted time with my husband.
.
The party at the hotel was smashing. We weren't expecting the grandeur, but it was G.R.A.N.D! Bars everywhere (ALL top shelf, though I was drinking a lovely shiraz), food everywhere, music everywhere.... drummers hanging in air with their drumkits suspended on a frame, so those on the ground could view the topside of the drums.... Marilyn M0nr0e, De$i Arnez, Lucille B@ll.... (impersonators, of course)... The place was absolutely incredible. The rebuild after the '04 hurricanes made the hotel into a showcase! We had a nice time, in spite of A having to hobnob a bit with the corporate fellows. It was strange, as it always is, to find that who you've pictured in your mind doesn't match up when you meet people you've known of for a year or more.
.
Sadly, our time away was brief as the car had to be returned by noon. And when we walked around the corner, the girls were not at our friends' house, so we hung out there with the husband for a bit, waiting. After they returned and had lunch, we came home and got the house in order. I found an incredible rub for shrimp and we grilled that and some chicken and had our friends over to thank them for keeping the girls overnight. We had grand plans to watch a movie, but we were all tired, so they left about 8:30.
.
Sunday was a day of endorphins. First, we didn't even wake up til after 9! I couldn't believe we'd slept so late. We were so slow in moving, that the girls didn't even have breakfast til nearly 11! They were obviously dragging too. A wanted to go to the gym, so we walked up to the community center (1.2 miles). While A worked out, I took the girls in the pool. It was a cloudy day, but the temperature was nice and the pool is heated, so we had a great time. We played and splashed and the girls regained some confidence in the water, especially when their daddy came out and joined us. The girls had a snack and then wanted to go to the playground with some friends who'd arrived on their bikes. So, I went over there with them and my friend, D. A took the opportunity to have a nap by the pool. Afterward, we walked home, feeling the wagon heavier and somehow slower than on the way up. V is getting so much faster on her bike and we'll soon work on getting rid of the training wheels, which she is scared to death of!
.
A late lunch proved to make getting ready for church a race against the clock. And of course, Little A didn't sit still or remain quiet during mass, in spite of the fact that V chose seats for us right up front. Seriously, I felt 600 eyes boring into the back of my head as my little one was causing a scene. I did find out this morning that we were the only ones who thought A was causing a scene - I wonder if the moms in my group at church were just trying to make me feel better?
.
Today, of course, was my Monday morning moms group at church. My girls always have a better time when I make sure the sitter has crafts to do with the kids. Afterward, the girls and I had a rather lazy afternoon, with some reading and a math quiz. As A was driving home from work, he wondered aloud on the phone to me if it might be a good evening to head up to the pool again. I wanted to go to the cardio class at 7 (against dr. orders), so we agreed that due to time we'd drive and I'd walk home after my class. We packed a picnic dinner and went to the pool again. It was absolutely lovely! Why haven't we been taking advantage of this more?! We practically had the place to ourselves and since D begged out on the cardio class, I opted instead to do some time in the gym while the girls and A enjoyed the evening in the pool.
.
And my sunburned face and shoulders (from the cloudy day yesterday and only one application of sunscreen) are signs of why people from all over the world think Florida is a paradise. It's February, folks! And I am feeling just the tiniest bit guilty that a vast expanse of our nation is below zero in temps and I just went to the pool the last two days.
.
Until next time - God Bless you!
Posts written by humble servant
2 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger