January 09, 2006
Getting in a new groove
As I started this week, I thought of all the fantastic things I have going on in my life. And I need to make somewhat of a schedule to allow me to accomplish everything I have on my plate.
.
First, Veronica and I have to get serious about schoolwork. She's doing great, but there are some things she needs to be doing by the end of first grade that she just isn't doing yet. I'm not worried. We have a good six months to get these things down and she's certainly capable, I just have to teach her.
.
Second, we've started a new "semester" of my moms group at church. The fall session was phenomenal and allowed me to make some friends and start really feeling connected in our community. I am excited about this deepening of my faith and it is pretty cool to make connections with women who share my beliefs and desire to raise our children with deeply rooted faith.
.
Third, I've lost over 15 pounds, but guess how many inches. I'll wait while you think about it..... I'll give you a hint - I started one month ago. Okay, that isn't really a hint, just an indicator how much arse I've been kicking in a month (with vacationing for a week in hotels, the holidays, and then feeling pretty crappy from two different viruses in two consecutive weeks).... Well, just off my waist, there was a 5.5" loss. I about fell over. Seriously. I could NOT believe when she told me. I have noticed a difference in how my pants are fitting, but certainly not thinking I've lost THAT much. I'm thinking they are just laying lower (falling to the chubbiest part of my hips), since I'm not noticing a 5" difference yet. The total loss (bust, waist, hips and one thigh - not all of these are measured at the largest part - which means my total inches lost would be even greater if we were going by the fattest parts) is 13.75" in one month. It's pretty freakin amazing!
.
And then there's the whole thing about exercising. Now that I'm losing weight, I need to start moving more. or at all, really. I'm thinking of loading up A's iPod shuffle with music I like too so I can use it for a daily walk (or two) and I'm moving my daily prayer time (since I've already made that a habit I'm not willing to give up) so I can walk first thing in the morning before he goes to work.
.
The last thing starting this year is my training for the crisis pregnancy center. I officially start tomorrow, but I unofficially started today by watching 3 of the videos that we use to show girls who come in for help. I seriously doubt any woman/girl would choose something other than life for the child within them if they saw this one video from the early 80s which documented by ultrasound a first trimester abortion. It was horrifying to see the baby actually react and try to move away when the uterus was invaded by the abortionists canula/suction thing. I have a feeling there are gruesome things to come in my training (we have to be prepared to watch these videos with a girl if she wants to), but I am excited to have the ball rolling on something I've thought for years of doing.
.
On a side note, I realized it was two years ago this week that I finally took a pregnancy test to confirm what I'd suspected for weeks. It's taken me a long time to be okay with the idea that we have all the biological children that God intends. There were several things that happened over our Christmas vacations (observing other families, mostly) that really cemented for me that I'm at peace and ready to embrace the stage where we are now.
.
So, you'll notice me bring around less frequently on the computer, since I'll be so busy doing these other things. I want to spend more time with my family, less time with a screen and keyboard.... I want to get my girls involved in some extracurricular type activities and spend more time with friends and family.... I want to get my body in the best shape ever so my 30s are healthier and happier than any other time in my life..... I want to enjoy my husband more and deepen our relationship with God together..... I want to plan a trip for the two of us to go to Europe, hopefully in the late summer or early fall..... I want to be the best that God intends me to be and I want to give my family the best I am able.... I want to be the best friend I can be, but that also means being an example of what I say I believe, so I will be here, but not like I've been. Maybe once I have my schedule all worked out I'll be online daily, but maybe not. We're turning the tv off, the music on and rockin' through the new year.
.
I've much to be grateful for and I can't wait to share everything good with those I love. Perhaps I'll be lucky enough that you'll join me in my mission: make your faith your center, then pour it out upon your family, then your friends. As the circle widens, you'll see that your life is more meaningful and touching than you could have imagined. It's all about paying it forward.
.
May you be blessed and happy in your missions this year. May the light shine upon you and your efforts. And may you feel neverending love throughout your days.
Posts written by humble servant
8 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger