November 23, 2005
A Blessed Thanksgiving to You
My list is long this year, in spite of the sadness and grief 2005 has brought to our family.
.
I thank God for my family - for everyone who has pitched in to help my mom during the most difficult time of her life; for my mom, that she has pushed through her darkest days and is forging ahead, trying to honor her love by living; for my in-laws, who have been a family to me that I didn't know could exist; for the rest of my family, near and far, that I don't get to spend enough time with or even those who don't want to spend time, but I can learn lessons from. My family is filled with people from one end of the spectrum to the other, yet I love them, all the same. And I appreciate that God has allowed me to accept their differences and learn from each of them.
.
I thank God for improved health of my family (last year, this week, my father-in-law spent several days in the hospital with virus-induced heart failure)
.
I thank God for a good job for my husband that has allowed us to be closer to "home" and allows for me to continue to stay home with our beautiful daughters
.
I thank God for friends who have been "here" for me, even when it is just through a note or email or prayers. My friends (you're on that list!) have kept my head above water when I was too worn out to swim anymore
.
I thank God for my stepdad - for the time I got to have him in my life; for the times he helped me, loved me; for his tears when his granddaughters (my girls!) were born; for the dad he became to me; for his goofiness and love of rock music and all the little things that made him unique
.
I thank God for my husband - my rock and my best friend and my lover - my life would be much less without him
.
I thank God for my children - my daughters make me smile, even when they make me cry with frustration; they have brought a happiness to my heart that I couldn't have even dreamed for! I thank God that He is caring for my Gabriella and that she will never know the pains of this life - and I thank God that she has a Pop and Grandpa who dote on her, if that's possible in Heaven
.
I thank God for my life - that during the times I felt hopeless, God carried me through - He hoped enough for me and loved me even through my weaknesses and unwillingness to do what is right or good
.
I thank God for my faith, my beautiful, steadfast belief that He is here with me (unworthy me!). That His love surpasses all that I know here in my life and that His love and mercy are the center of my happiness.
.
I thank God for abundance, that it allows us to teach our children to share, even when it means we go without something we want. I thank God that we have food on our table daily and that we have cool air in the heat and warm air in the chill. I thank God that we have two cars that need repairs, because it reminds me that we can still function in need of repair - but we'd be so much better if we did the repair!!!
.
I thank God for these and the countless other blessings in my life this Thanksgiving. That His love and mercy shine in your lives this holiday season and give you joy and peace.
.
Enjoy the holiday weekend!
.
God Bless You!
Posts written by humble servant
1 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger