November 02, 2008
Day 2: An Amazing Boy
Last week, when I called my youngest brother to let him know I'd be in town and wanted to see him....

.

Me: What are your plans for next weekend?

Him: I don't know. We don't usually make many plans so far in advance....

Besides, no matter what's going on, I'm sure seeing you is more important.

.

This is a kid who is about to be driving his own car, a boy who hasn't known me, who has only 14 months ago met me. And since I live in Baltimore, he's really only spent time with me 3 times since then.

.

I'm so grateful for his willingness to trust that I do love him and have always wanted to know him. I'm so grateful that he seems genuinely interested in seeing me and getting to know one another better and forging a relationship.

.

God must have His hand in this, even if my brother doesn't know it yet. I don't know why I feel so surprised that this has all been much better than I could have expected.
Posts written by humble servant
0 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger