March 07, 2008
Perspective
Well, the urgent prayer request no longer involves us. But, please continue to pray for those involved.
.
I'd like to tell you what happened. I was talking on the phone to my mother yesterday and she mentioned a situation of a girl of 20 years pregnant with her fourth child (3 different fathers, current husband in prison - so #3 and #4 are sired by a boyfriend). Messy situation, particularly since her husband is about to get out of prison. They don't have the means to support a fourth baby, so they were looking to place it for adoption.
.
I immediately knew that our family is open to accepting more children any way that God has in mind. I made some phone calls and inquired through my mom's friend about the girl and the situation.
.
Last night, through prayer, we really felt that God is calling us to be open to adoption and, dare I say, move forward with accepting a baby this way. My thoughts first thing this morning were of having a baby soon and how excited I will be to have some sleepless nights and a small warm body cozied up to me. I have to admit, I was feeling pretty hopeful and optimistic. I called again, hoping I could reach the birth mother directly - I know she'd feel confident her baby was being welcomed into a great family if she got to know us a bit.
.
And when I got in touch with my mom's friend (who made contact last night with the birth mother), I was told that the girl wants money. This closes the door for us. We are not interested in getting involved with a baby seller. It is illegal to buy or sell children in this country and well, even if we had the financial ability to buy a baby, we just can't see doing such a thing.
.
So, I ask you to pray for this young woman. Obviously, her situation is desparate. I pray for her children and especially for the one in her womb, which is now for sale to the highest bidder. I pray for emotional healing for the mother, for a peace that surpasses understanding, that she would make a good and healthy decision for her baby and for herself.
.
I also ask for your prayers for us. We would love nothing more than to add to our family. And after our prayers last night, our eyes were opened - God wants us to pursue this, even if this particular baby is not the right one for us.
.
I have a peace knowing that God will work great wonders with our "Yes!" and we are confident that our desires for a larger family will be fulfilled - in His perfect time. I think this may be the first time I've felt that peace in many years, so I rejoice on this Friday of Lent. That I have an answer, even in this non-answer I received this morning. That the desires of my heart will be fulfilled, if only I submit myself to His perfect will. So, here I am, Lord, send me!
Posts written by humble servant
3 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger