November 01, 2007
Day 1: Why on earth am I doing this again?
Well, I looked on the National Blog Posting Month website and they have some cool new features for this year, including new group forums. I saw a forum for writing prompts and thought I should check that out and start getting some ideas for what I shall write about over the next 30 days.
.
One possible topic for today is why am I choosing to participate in NaBloPoMo in 2007? And well, I must say.... I am not exactly sure why. Perhaps it is because I did it last year. And I think I can do better. I can say this because I just went back and read those posts from a year ago. And can I just say, I am a total lame-O. Really. Except this post was pretty funny, and true.
.
So, why try this again? To give myself a reason in one year to look back and have a daily snapshot of my lameness? I hope not. But, the reality is, that's probably exactly what will happen. I'm going to try it anyway.
.
A couple of you in commented on my last post that you'd like to hear from me every day in November. Anything you're particularly interested in hearing me spout on about? I'm pretty much an open book and pretty open-minded, or is that empty-minded? Hmph.... Anyway...
.
Day one. Thirty days doesn't seem very long. Except that for the next 70 hours, I will be the primary caregiver to 4 girls, ages 7, 6, 5 and 4. What on EARTH was I thinking?
.
Seriously, what, if anything, would you like me to write about this month? The only subject off limits here is politics. It isn't that I'm ashamed of my politics, only that I am a total nimwit when it comes to expressing myself intelligently and I do not want to injure any particular party or candidate by my lack of having the right words. See? Right there, I couldn't think of the word, so I used the phrase "having the right words". Perfect example of why politics are off-limits here.
.
Oh! I forgot to tell you that there will be at least one post this month from a guest blogger. If you've been around to know me for a couple years, you'll be super-de-duper-excited to catch this post, so check back often. Guest blogger, you know who you are, I hope you are close to ready to post... I'm going to need topics this month. hint hint
Posts written by humble servant
3 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger