March 16, 2007
Soy Un Perdedor, Yet Again
Well, I have been completely horrible about posting since before we moved. In the next few weeks, I will try to catch you all up on what's going on in our neck of the woods.
.
First, the move went fine. We are pretty much unpacked, though there are boxes piled in the basement (90% of which have been packed in boxes since at least 3 moves ago, which means more than 2 years). We'd like to get the basement sorted out and a playroom set up for the kids down there. (Maybe that will be a weekend project this weekend because it looks like our plans to take the kids into DC have been squashed by icky weather.)
.
We like the house. It has a good feel to it, cozy... I'd like to get window treatments done, I'll work on getting the kitchen ones completed this weekend. I have created my first one, so I at least know how I'll be constructing them. It is kind of a pain, though, which is why the material has sat for two weeks. :)
.
We joined the TORCH (homeschool) group and have already gotten together a few times with them. It is awesome to get plugged in and have the kids make some friends. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the moms and finding one or two that I "click" with and can start building a real friendship or two here. This week, we actually went to the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore. The weather was perfect. But I have to tell you, we drove through the hood to get there. I couldn't believe the poverty we saw. The girls kept asking why people would live in this kind of place. The first of many such questions, I presume.
.
I have a few posts I'd like to work on and as a way to hold myself accountable, and also to list what I think I'd like to write about (since I've been saving my posts in the hope of printing them as a journal one day).
*I'd like to update my flickr account with current pictures of our home and the girls.
.
*I'd like to do a virtual Open House, so anyone who is interested can see our new place.
.
*I'd like to talk about school, and how difficult we're finding it to get back in the groove after a lengthy winter break.
.
*New neighbors, plus "how do I respond to well-meaning folks who say the schools are the best in the state - why on earth would you homeschool with access to these schools?!"
.
*My baby, Silly Sally, has a birthday in two weeks. And she is going to be FIVE.
.
*Homesickness: How I'm coping, or not. Plus, how do we pull $700 out of the air for flights to see our families?
.
*Crafts! I am hankering for a crafty friend. Also, should I take a class at the fabric store? I just need an outlet. I'm going crazy here!
.
I think that's a lengthy enough list for now.
.
Cheerio and be back soon!
Posts written by humble servant
5 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger