November 20, 2006
Christmas Tagging
1. What was your most memorable Christmas like? The Christmas memory that sticks in my head the most is 1993, my Dad and baby brother playing with empty tubes from the wrapping paper. Probably the happiest I've ever seen my Dad.
2. What was the best gift you ever received as a child? Lite Brite. I loved it!
3. What is your favorite cookie/candy to make at Christmastime? Magic Cookie Bars - they make me think of my mom making them when I was a kid.
4. What does Christmas mean to you? A time to celebrate Christ's birth - I love church during Advent and Christmas! and lots of time with family and friends.
5. What are your plans this year? My mom will come for the weekend of Christmas and then in-laws will come Christmas Day. Hopefully, we'll get to see some friends too.
6. What kinds of gifts do your kids desire? American Girl dolls, My Little Pony
7. Which ornament that you own is the most special and why? It's not one that I put on my tree, because I have it out year round - it's a part of the American flag that was presented to our family at my Dad's funeral.
8. Does your tree have a decorated theme ~ or is it mix matched? The ornaments are mostly angels, we have burgundy and gold bows and added white and red poinsettia blossoms last year, white lights, gold beads.
9. Do you do anything special on Christmas Eve? We go to mass and this year may go to a friend's house.
10. When do you start your Christmas shopping? In the summer, usually. I'd start earlier, but I usually forget where the gifts are hidden.
11. What is your opinion of the Christmas season in general? I love it. I love saying Merry Christmas for a month!
12. What do you love about Christmas? Traditions and time with friends and family.
13. What traditions do you hold that you do every year? see this post.
14. When do you open presents? Christmas Eve? Christmas morning? usually one on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning.
15. What was the best gift you received as an adult?
My KitchenAid mixer
16. What is your favorite Christmas song? For sentimental reasons: Silent Night.
17. Do you watch special movies and shows during Christmas? Must watch all the kids' tv specials: Frosty, Rudolph, Charlie Brown - we have hot cocoa with the kids while we watch them.
18. Do you send out Christmas cards or family letters? usually cards, this year I will add a letter since we've moved and are going to move again so soon.
19. Do you have a special breakfast or meal on Christmas day? I usually make a breakfast casserole and we have muffins and fruit. I'll also make dinner this year.
20. Do you decorate your whole house or just the living room area? We'll probably just do the living room area this year, since I don't necessarily want to get everything out to have to put it away by myself (Husband will be gone right after Christmas, likely).
21. Do you decorate the outside of your house with lights? Not usually, but I wanted to this year. Maybe one or two trees?
22. Do you exchange gifts with your friends? Very few.
23. Do you have a sad Christmas memory? 1983, my Dad driving us home after Christmas Eve with his extended family - our first Christmas morning without our Dad was just hours away. I cried the whole way home - I didn't want him to drop us off and leave.
24. Do you sing in a cantata or sing Christmas specials? What is a cantata? I am pretty sure since I don't know what it is that I don't sing in one. My sister-in-law was in The Charleston Christmas Special for a few years before she moved to the west coast, which doesn't really count as me, but that's as close as I'm going to get - being in the audience.
25. Does your church have Christmas services? Of course!
26. Do you do anything to celebrate Jesus? We have an advent wreath and an advent calendar and we have special prayers for when we light the wreath. We also have a creche and wait til Christmas to put Jesus in the stable.
.
I can't remember where I got this list from, if you do it, let me know so I can come by and read your answers. I'm leaving later to drive to the Sunshine State, so I'll catch you in a day or two.
Posts written by humble servant
0 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger