September 18, 2006
Monday morning
I've been awake for hours. Usually when I do this (wake up at ridiculous times, completely unable to fall back to sleep), I pray.
.
This morning, I prayed for Amy. And Julia. And some others, who drifted into my subconscious during the quiet dark hours before the sun. Actually, the sun still hasn't begun to lighten my windows this morning....
.
After about an hour, I got out of bed, curious of the time and since it was 5:30, I decided I might as well get up. I miss having this morning quiet time. I said morning prayers and spent some time quietly (didn't want to wake the rest of the family) singing a song that keeps playing in my head.
.
And then I began my morning drive, as Sandra calls it. It was on my rounds that I came across this autumn contest by bluebird blogs and entered myself for a blog redesign. And I thought I'd share it with you, even though in sharing, I will have more competition to win. :)
.
I think I may make some muffins for my family, since I still have about 45 minutes until anyone gets up.
.
UPDATE: Muffins taste best when they are taken from the oven before being slightly overdone, so set the timer or don't lay in bed with your husband chatting while they're in the oven.
.
I altered a recipe for the muffins. They tasted great, even though the bottoms were dark from too much chat-time. Here's what I made:
.
Strawberry-Banana Muffins
preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease muffin tin or use paper liners (I spray with canola)
.
about 1 cup whole strawberries
1 medium banana
2/3 c. sugar
less than 1/3 c. oil (I used about 1/4 c. canola oil, even though the recipe called for 1/3 c.)
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. flour (I used 1/2 c. all-purpose and 1 c. whole wheat)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
In a large bowl, smash the strawberries and banana (I used a Pampered Chef food chopper), then add the next three ingredients. Stir until well-blended. Add dry ingredients and stir. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full and bake for 15-18 minutes (23 if you want that extra cuddle time and don't mind dark muffin bottoms). Bon Appetit!
.
Have a blessed day.
Posts written by humble servant
1 Your Comments

monk & neagle banner
Dress up your blog with Blog Togs!

Powered by Blogger