I am not big on "meme"s. I enjoy reading them, but I rarely take the time to type out my own answers. However, I'm feeling like sharing some useless facts about myself and thought I'd just do it. Who knows, you might get a two-for-one (particularly since the swelling is WAY down in my shoulder and I'm finally typing with two hands again).
4 jobs I've had:
1. Arby's - my first job. I quit 4 times. They just kept asking me to stay for one. more. week.
2. Maintenance - at a state university. I loved this - carrying a tool belt and power tools while wearing my little sundresses. I learned a lot that summer - and had lots of propositions from fellow students and staff members. ;)
3. Database Developer - at a major insurance company. Loved working with different departments and with upper management. Ultimately, hated my job because I wanted to be with my daughter much more.
4. Crisis Mentor - at a pregnancy center. Love this, but not sure it qualifies as a "job" since I don't get paid. This is a volunteer position.
4 Movies I could watch over and over again:
1. Shawshank Redemption
2. Steel Magnolias
3. Crimson Tide
4. Pretty Woman
4 Places I have lived:
1. Fort Sill, Oklahoma
2. Portage Lakes, Ohio
3. Oldsmar, Florida
4. Sminings, Georgia
4 TV Shows I love:
2. 7th Heaven
3. American Idol
4. Dancing with the Stars
4 Favorite Books:
1. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families by Stephen Covey
3. The Busy Mom's Guide to Prayer by Lisa Welchel (thanks, Kate!)
4. Magnificat by Patti Mansfield
4 Places I have Vacationed:
1. Emerald Isle, NC
2. London, UK
3. Las Vegas, NV
4. Paris, France
4 Websites I read everyday (or almost)
2. Doryn's Dish
4. Check in on my blogroll
4 Favorite Foods
1. Greek Salad
2. French Onion Soup
3. Chicken Green Curry (from our favorite Thai place)
4. Salmon and Artichokes
I have 10 more minutes of slacker time, so I will give you 6 weird things about me:
1. I am a stereotypical housewife - I like T*pperware parties and P*mpered Ch*f parties and I'm even a slacker M*ry K*y Consultant.
2. I wake up in the middle of the night screaming and have no recollection in the morning.
3. I have a hard time falling asleep in bed, but seem to have no problems drifting off on the couch, at the computer, in the car.....
4. I can't stand cross-contamination. I'm actually OCD about this - Do NOT put the salsa spoon in the sour cream, or vice versa. Same goes for anything: peanut butter/jelly, especially. This is a crime. Ask my husband how it drives me bananas. I even get upset if there are toast crumbs in the margarine.
5. I'm having a hard time coming up with 6 weird things about myself - and I even called to ask for help.
6. I like to read trashy novels. Usually, the trashier the better. I just spent 2 days ignoring my family so I could read this. Sometimes the language was shocking, even to me, but it was a great escape.
That's all folks...
Did you learn anything new or funny about me?
Take care and God Bless!